Difficulty BeginnerDays Needed 1 DayDuration 5 Hs.Pickup Available Cancun, Cozumel-PDC Ferry Dock, Playa del Carmen, Tulum
Click Here to Book Online
These 2 Cenotes are part of the same cave system.
1. Cenote Taj Maha is called like this by the original explorers because this cave system reminded them of the beauty and splendor of the Taj Mahal in India. The name has since been “Mayanised” to Taj Ma Ha as “Ha” means water in Mayan.
Taj Ma Ha is located 5km/3miles south of Puerto Aventuras on Highway 307. From the turnoff, a 3km/2mile dirt road leads out to the car parking area 10 minutes into the jungle.
At the right time of year and the right time of day, Taj Ma Ha has one of the most spectacular light shows of any of the caverns. From March to September the laser-like beams of light entering the Points of Light room have to be seen to be believed.
However, no matter the time of year, this is still a must see cavern as it is so rich and diverse in character. The dive will lead you past three cenotes with impressive light effects along a “”trippy”” halocline tunnel and through some beautifully decorated areas with thousands of stalactite and stalagmite formations.
During the dive, you will be able to surface in cenote Sugarbowl and may see the sacred cenote bird of the Maya, the Turquoise-browed Motmot, with its unique racquet tail feathers. Listen out for its distinctive call.
If you look carefully you will also see many fossils in the walls and ceiling of the cavern.
It is important to do cavern diving with a certified and experienced local guide.
We choose the Cenotes based on the experience of the group.
We have small groups of 4 divers for each guide.
We recommend a refresher dive for beginners that have not been diving for over a year.
We go 2 times a day at 9:00 am or 11:00 am.
- Shallow dive.
- Cavern diving.
- Stunning light effects.
- Halocline layer.
- Underwater landscapes.
- Preserved cave formations.
- Similar to night dive.
- Small groups and private service.
- 2 dives.
- Full gear and dive torch.
- Open Water Diver Certification.
- We recommend a refresher dive for beginners that have not been diving for over a year.
- Rest well and do not drink alcohol the night before.
- Don’t fly 18 hrs after diving.
- Bring extra clothes and towel.