One of the newest explored Cenote is Cenote Maravilla. This Sinkhole is located on the Ruta de Cenotes in Puerto Morelos with similar formations like its neighbor el Zapote, but as well very different and unique formations and phenomenons.
Some describe it similar to the Pit as well because of its narrow entrance, the view of endless depth and the stunning light beam in the middle of the cenote. This sunray reaches straight down to the white sulfide cloud on 30m. Maravilla is still not as popular and crowded like the Pit or Hellbells, to which is another benefit to go diving there in this remote area of the jungle.
You will find bell-shaped formations, created by the mix of organic decomposed material hanging from the wall in different sizes.
It is important to do cavern diving with a certified and experienced local guide.
We choose the Cenotes based on the experience of the group.
We have small groups of 4 divers for each guide.
We recommend a refresher dive for beginners that have not been diving for over a year.
We go 2 times a day at 9:00 am or 11:00 am.
- 2 Cenotes deep.
- Unique bell shaped cave formations.
- Incredible light effects.
- Underwater halocline and clouds.
- Remote cenotes in Mayan jungle.
- Crystal-clear fresh water.
- Small groups and private service.
- Certified cavern guide
- 2 deep dives
- Full gear and dive torche
- Advanced diver.
- Previous Cenote experience.
- Good buoyancy control.
- We recommend a refresher dive for beginners that have not been diving for over a year.
- Rest well and do not drink alcohol the night before.
- Don’t fly 18 hrs after diving.
- Bring extra clothes and towel.
- Previous Cenote dive experience.