Cenote Maravilla + 7 bocas
Difficulty AdvancedDays Needed 1 DayDuration 5 Hs.Pickup Available Cancun, Cozumel-PDC Ferry Dock, Playa del Carmen, Tulum
Click Here to Book Online
This cenote is located on the highway that joins Puerto Morelos and Leona Vicario. Its name, 7 Bocas, comes from the seven entrances into it. Siete Bocas is popular for divers and swimmers, with many of the pools connected and able to swim between.
Siete Bocas in Spanish means seven mouths and it is one of the many sinkholes in this region with a depth of more or less 70 meters. The cenote is called like that because there are seven openings which are all connected by the cavern area underneath the roof. In each of the openings, they built stairs to enter and exit the cavern area.
We use one of the walls as a reference for our descent down to a depth of roughly 30 meters. A gigantic Hydrosulfide cloud is the reason why some people also call the cenote ‘Milky Way’. Seven light beams enter through the roof and on a sunny day we can expect one amazing light show during our dive.
At 15 to 20 meters, we can find a lot of fossils like shells or corals.
As the cavern probably has been dry for a very long time, the whole roof is covered with Stalactites that grew up to 5 meters of length. So for sure during the safety stop, we won’t get bored.
It is important to do cavern diving with a certified and experienced local guide.
We choose the Cenotes based on the experience of the group.
We have small groups of 4 divers for each guide.
We recommend a refresher dive for beginners that have not been diving for over a year.
We go 2 times a day at 9:00 am or 11:00 am.
- 2 Cenotes deep.
- Unique bell shaped cave formations.
- Incredible light effects.
- Underwater halocline and clouds.
- Remote cenotes in Mayan jungle.
- Crystal-clear fresh water.
- Small groups and private service.
- Certified cavern guide
- 2 dives.
- Entrance Fee to Cenotes Park.
- Full gear and dive torch.
- Lunch & drinks.
- Advanced diver.
- Previous Cenote experience.
- Good buoyancy control.
- We recommend a refresher dive for beginners that have not been diving for over a year.
- Rest well and do not drink alcohol the night before.
- Don’t fly 18 hrs after diving.
- Bring extra clothes and towel.
- Previous Cenote dive experience.