Cenote Dos Ojos is probably some of the world's best cavern dives. “Dos Ojos” means 2 eyes in Spanish. This cenote is undoubtedly some of the best Cenote dives in the area due to its easy conditions and magnificent cave formations all over the cavern and 2 completely different routes to explore. The first dive is at the Barbie line and it’s the side of the cavern with more open area and stunning light effects. The second dive is at the Bat-cave line, where the main attraction is to surface into a bat cave in the middle of the dive then continue all the way exploring with the dive lamps all the formations in the cave. Cenote Dos Ojos is been documented by different famous organizations due to its extensive cave systems and recently became the longest underwater cave system in the world as they find the connection of the system Dos Ojos 83 km with the system Sac-Actun with 263 km.
Generally, this geological formation is more than 6,000 years old and consists of meandering passages, whose exploration began in 1986, and since than, only 61km/38mi have been explored. Spectacular snorkeling and diving, available for all diving levels can be done here. Even in an IMAX film “Journey Into Amazing Caves”, in 2002, some of the caves from this system were featured.
The Dos Ojos underwater cave system was featured in the 2002 IMAX film ""Journey into Amazing Caves"" and parts of the Hollywood 2005 movie ""The Cave"" were filmed here.
It is important for cavern diving to do it with a certified and experienced local guide. We choose the Cenotes on base of the experienced of the group. We do have small groups of 4 divers for each guide. We recommend a refresher dive for beginners that have not been diving for over a year
- We meet with all Divers at our Location in Playa del Carmen 8 am or Tulum 9 am
- Private service or groups, You can choose the start time from 7 am to 11 am
- 2 Dives (Minimum 45 min each dive)
- Full scuba gear with torch
- NITROX available for certified Divers
- Drinks, snacks and lunch
- (Not Included Entry fee to Cenotes park)
- Open Water Diver or Above
- We need a minimum of 2 Divers to book for this activity
- If you are only 1 Diver and if you are flexible, You can ask on the chat for the next available trip
- If you are only 1 Diver and have not flexibility, you can go any day with own Cenote guide for just + $60 USD
Ask for Discounts Available
- 2 Divers 5% Off each diver
- 3 or more Divers 10% Off each
- Flexibility on dates discount (ASK FOR IT)
- Shallow dive.
- Cavern diving.
- Stunning light effects.
- Underwater landscapes.
- Cave formations.
- Bat cave.
- Similar to night dive.
- Small groups and private service.